Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Serve the people of the Tri-State Area by becoming a doctor through the CityDoctors Scholarship Program.
CityDoctors Jersey Shore University Medical Center Scholarships are available to residents of Monmouth County or Ocean County, NJ and Jersey Shore University Medical Center’s employees and immediate family members of employees in good standing who have been accepted to begin their first year of medical education at St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada. Recipients of the scholarships will be awarded half or partial tuition applied toward their 4 years of medical school while enrolled at St. George’s School of Medicine.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen by Jersey Shore University Medical Center and awarded to eligible* students accepted to St. George’s University School of Medicine Doctor of Medicine program based on merit and/or financial need. Scholarship open to incoming SGU students only.
Eligibility for the CityDoctors Scholarship Program
All eligible students must be able to provide documentation which supports that you meet either the Monmouth County or Ocean County, NJ residency or Jersey Shore University Medical Center employment criteria (i.e. pay stub, residency affidavit, copy of lease, etc.). They must also submit their letter of acceptance to St. George's University School of Medicine with their application.
Student’s Commitment & Expectations
In return for accepting the scholarship students must maintain the regular academic standards set forth by St. George’s University School of Medicine.
Eligible students can apply for this scholarship once they have been accepted into the St. George’s University School of Medicine MD program. Scholarship applications should be sent directly to the office of academic affairs at Jersey Shore University Medical Center for processing and selection.
Please note that this scholarship program is generally very competitive. Unfortunately, awards cannot be made to every deserving student. Award determinations are based on: (1) Demonstrated academic excellence, (2) The applicant’s commitment to the special qualities associated with this program, and (3) The degree of financial need and the availability of funds from the school and other sources.
To Apply for a CityDoctors Scholarship
Download your application, complete in full, and follow the instructions below:
1. Write an essay explaining why you are a good candidate for the CityDoctors Jersey Shore University Medical Center scholarship program based on one or more of the following topics: (A) Outstanding academic achievement, (B) Community Work, (C) Leadership roles, (D) Financial hardship. Essays should be approximately 500 words, submitted on a separate sheet and enclosed with this application.
2. Complete all questions/fields listed on page 1 and 2.
3. Include the following items with this application:
- Documentation which supports that you meet either the Monmouth County or Ocean County, NJ residency or HUMC employment criteria (i.e. pay stub, residency affidavit, copy of lease, etc.).
- A copy of your St. George’s University School of Medicine acceptance letter.
- A copy of college transcripts and academic achievements. Please feel free to include copies of awards, abstracts etc.
EMAIL ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Application Deadlines and Award Notification
CityDoctor Jersey Shore University Medical Center Scholarships will be awarding 1 half or multiple partial tuition scholarships in both the August and January start terms. . Applications will receive either an award letter or a letter of declination in a timely manner.
DEADLINES: November 20th for class commencing in January and June 20th for class commencing in August.
Please note: Applications will not be processed until all requirements of the application have been fulfilled and the applicant has been accepted into the St. George's University School Doctor of Medicine program. For more information on the application process and requirements for admissions please visit http://www.sgu.edu/academic-programs/school-of-medicine/md/admission/.